Banksman training is essential for individuals whose jobs involve directing, loading, unloading and movement of vehicles visiting a work site or anyone working in construction, security, manufacturing, hospitality, parking enforcement.
Being a traffic marshal is like being the eyes and ears of the driver of a large vehicle, particularly cranes. You will ensure the safe movements of large vehicles around a site and reduce the chance of accidents to happen.
- Health and safety
- Construction law, regarding traffic management
- Who should be allowed on site
- Administering first aid to a choking casualty
- Safety of vehicle access
- Hazard analysis
- Risk management for directing vehicles
- Identifying dangerous manoeuvres (reversing)
- Safeguarding pedestrians and other staff where vehicles may be reversing
- Demonstrating the code of hand signals recommended by the HSE
- Legal obligations and responsibilities of employers and their employees
- Safety signs
- Accident prevention
- How to plan the use of vehicles